Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Thing #7

While searching Fickr I came across a group called "What can they tell us?" It was a collection of old black and white photos from the past. I found these to be of interest because it's true, what can these people, who are probably mostly deceased, tells us from the past? This made me stop and appreciate the importance of all human life throughout history. In a lot of these photos the people in them were not smiling, they had stiff poses, but in a few the "characters" seem to be laughing or playing. As the observer, I wondered what kind of  story each person could tell. One photo that stood out was "Posing with skeletons", obviously the men in this photo are scientist, but did they just make a new discovery about the human body? Or maybe it was just a boring day at the office? Either way it created an emotional response and that's what I believe all good photographs should do.


Photo citation: "What can they tell us" by Hannhell
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hannhell/3299322081/in/gallery-netzanette-72157622519632035/

No comments:

Post a Comment